Eight Channels of Excellent Mic Preamps at an Excellent Value!When you get an OctoPre MkII, you're not just adding a set of eight great-sounding microphone preamplifiers to your rig, you're upgrading the potential of your entire music production setup. At an outrageously low cost, you get eight of the same kind of expressively musical preamplifiers that have made the Saffire Pro a total hit, plus each channel on the OctoPre MkII is equipped with truly useful extras. Whether you're expanding your recording rig, or adding a bank of high-quality pres to your live setup, we're sure you'll be impressed with the incredible value of the Focusrite OctoPre MkII.
Focusrite built the OctoPre MkII with ADAT optical output, which is perfect for expanding most recording interfaces. In fact, most of us add microphone preamplifiers to our rigs so that we can track an entire band at once. To do that, we need enough preamplifiers to cover the whole band, including the drums. The OctoPre MkII's preamps are prefect for drums, with all of the dynamic needed for high SPLs, and -10dB Pads to keep the volume under control.
The OctoPre MkII is ready for more than just drums - it's also prepared for instruments level signals. You can track guitars, bass, or keys direct and get the most out of those excellent effects plug-ins in your DAW. Focusrite also made the OctoPre MkII rackmountable, but you don't have to use the included rack ears if you don't want to. If you plan to use the OctoPre MkII with other digital gear, you'll appreciate its Word Clock input. Sticking to an analog signal chain? No problem! The OctoPre MkII has direct outs for each of its channels. So whether you're recording or using it live, going digital or staying analog, the Focusrite Octopre MkII give you eight fantastic microphone preamplifiers at an unbeatable cost!
Focusrite Octopre Mk II Eight-channel Microphone Preamplifier wiith ADAT Digital Features:
- Same Focusrite preamps as found on the Saffire Pro Range
- Eight award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps
- Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96kHz digital outputs (ADAT)
- Mic-pres optimized for tracking drums
- Two quality hi-Z instrument inputs
- Five LED input metering on every channel
- -10dB Pads on every channel
- Direct (Line) outputs on every channel
- 19" rack-mount with detachable rack-ears
- 48V Phantom power available on every channel
- State-of-the-art Clocking Solutions - Word Clock input